Tracker

Friday, October 3, 2008

TGIF

I really haven't been getting a lot of exercise lately, but I plan on doing some serious walking tomorrow to make up for it. I also am planning on going to yoga, and I have one more dance class at Alvin Ailey.

Today I did okay, except for snacking on some french fries that were offered to me by my co-worker. To quote "Oklahoma!", I'm just a girl who can't say no.

I ate lunch early, around 11:45 or noon, so by the time 4:30 rolled around I was pretty hungry. I stopped in at this Venezuelan place that I always pass, Arepas Cafe. It always looks so enticing, but nobody is ever in there. I keep telling myself I'll go in there to both try an arepa and also to give them some business, so today was that fated day.

Arepas are cornmeal patties filled with meat/cheese/veggies, a Venezuelan specialty. I picked a chicken one. It was definitely yummy, but also really greasy, which I didn't care for.



BREAKFAST:

1 cup of oatmeal

LUNCH:

Turkey-and-horseradish sandwich on whole wheat bread
Apple
10-15 french fries

DINNER:

Chicken arepa
Brussels Sprouts
Update: & Two pieces of bread (SO DANGEROUS TO HAVE THIS LOAF IN THE HOUSE!)
Diet Coke

Lastly, I saw "Volver" tonight and I find some sort of weird, twisted solace in the fact that no matter how thin I could get or how much Spanish I could learn, I could never, ever be Penelope Cruz.



Wow.

No comments: