Tracker

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Pre-Fast

I started the day out strong, but lack of control over my afternoon/evening options left me weak of willpower. In the morning, I had my usual healthy breakfast (which DOES need some fruit/egg/yogurt added in the future) which strangely held me until about one o'clock. I wasn't hungry. It was weird.

Around 2 pm, my mom picked me up from work to come home for the High Holidays. At this point, I was hungry. She had brought me lunch, which came from a place in New Rochelle called "Poultry Time." When I was a kid, we ate Poultry Time a LOT. If you had asked me if I ate fried chicken, I would have said, "No way! Gross!" But one day it dawned on me that the chicken we got there was as fried as fried can be, even if it didn't come from Popeye's or something.

The point is that it's fucking amazing chicken.

Then I came home and took a nap and later my mom made a delicious dinner that was very carb-y. Challah, pasta (delicious) and chicken and brussels sprouts. Even though I ate a lot (but slowly), my rationalization for it is that I'm not eating for most of tomorrow.



BREAKFAST

1 cup oatmeal


LUNCH

2 (fried) chicken legs
1 apple


DINNER:

Challah
Soup
Chicken/Pasta
Brussels Sprouts


EXERCISE:

Zip, zero, nada

1 comment:

Freya said...

lack of options can definitely be tough and force you into mediocre decisions. we can come up with solutions together, since i have little control during the week now that i am traveling. i was so excited to find a panera in toledo, but i have some very, very sad news: not healthy! eek! sad! just a warning, since i know you like it too...