Tracker

Monday, October 6, 2008

Carbfest 08

I still feel terribly confused about what to eat. Alice gave me the rundown on how carb-y some of my food choices are. Not that carbs are bad, ("Carbs are your friend!" says Alice, who is sitting next to me as I type this). But carrots having carbohydates? What? So confusing!

These are the only type of things I used to think had carbs:



But now I find out that apples, for example, are fairly high in carbs. If you have known me at all, you know that I adore green Granny Smith apples. Woe is me.


BREAKFAST:

1 cup oatmeal


LUNCH:

Chicken/veggie stir fry


DINNER:

Rice cakes
Carrots
Sweet Potatoes**

EXERCISE

2 mile walk in Astoria

** Katie, you got me hooked on sweet potatoes. I love them!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Sweet potatoes are the best! I have to say I don't think the carb thing is an issue. Obviously it's not good to eat a loaf of bread, but I think the health factor in fruits, veggies, whole grains, sweet potatoes, etc. is greater than the carb factor. If you were only targeting carbs, it would change a lot more of the way you're eating. I think in the long run though, an overall healthy eating attitude is more realistic than trying to avoid carbs

Freya said...

i agree with katie! apples (and all fruits) have carbs, but they also have a lot of fiber and nutrients. remember -- eating healthy isn't just about weight loss! it's about actual health/nutrition too!