Tracker

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

woman troubles

So I got my period today, which was kind of a bummer, since the first day always makes me feel really ill. Luckily Alice gave me some sort of super-strength pain reliever and once I was at work, my personal hell lifted and I was able to act like a normal human being. In the afternoon I felt sick again, and when it subsided I suddenly felt very hungry. So I ate a healthy-but-big dinner. In general, today:

BREAKFAST

1/2 cup oatmeal

LUNCH

Bean/corn/onion salad
Chicken and veggies

DINNER

Essentially the same as lunch
Diet Coke


Exercise? Nope, not a chance, I was feeling very fetal-position-y. Tomorrow I really need to step it up. And I've announced it here, on this very blog, so I must follow through!

Other disappointments for me:
1. Portion control! Notice the healthy foods above? I need to measure them out so I'm not eating the equivalent of three people's meals
2. Alice informed me that beans are very high in carbs. Hm. I guess I have to eat them more sparingly.

Thanks for the wonderful comments, Rischa & Freya! I had the same reaction when I saw the 90210 pictures. And in terms of eating after dinner, it's definitely been dangerous for me, with that "Last Meal" mentality. However, I do have some portion control issues - if I don't cut myself off after dinner, my evening becomes one never-ending snack. So I think that I'm going to try it for now.

I still haven't bought a scale. Dumb question - where does one buy one? I miss Meijer , which has everything under the sun. I went to Rite Aid, but that didn't seem so promising.

And lastly, on a positive note, I would like to pictorially convey what I am excited about when I DO actually lose this weight:



Bikinis! I have never owned a bikini in my life. The last time I wore one, I was two years old. (It was polka-dotted and very cute). It would be pretty thrilling to be able to wear even the most conservative bikini at some point in my life. And I think if I work a little bit harder, it's definitely a possibility...


2 comments:

Freya said...

beans are fabulous! high carb, but high fiber AND high protein. also you didn't really have another carb in your meals (i guess corn), so no big deal either way.

a suggestion (even though my last one was shot down, haha): even if you don't want to stick to a weight-watchers-type diet, i think it might be helpful to just look through a list of points values, because i think people have misguided notions of what are "healthy" foods. beans are totally healthy and any nutritionist would tell you that! i just know that there were certain foods i thought were always "healthy," like yogurt, for example, but some yogurts have SO much sugar and can be like 4 points. and tuna salad! sounds healthy! things that don't sound unhealthy can be, so that is my suggestion for the day.

moral: beans are great. maybe i'll make you eat some tonight. ,<3

Anonymous said...

I agree with fab22 (freya?) about the beans. Definitely healthy... a serving would be 1/2-1 cup, you don't really need more than that. Other suggestions: maybe try to eat a snack between lunch and dinner so that you don't get so hungry at dinner. Something with monounsaturated fat would satiate your hunger and is really good for you. I know you're allergic to nuts, but other good fat ideas: fish, flax seeds, olive oil, olives, avocado. Good luck with the woman troubles!