Tracker

Monday, September 22, 2008

these boots were made for walking

What a day! So, I did complete my goal of a truly epic walk in Manhattan. I took the bus to 125th and 2nd, then walked through Harlem until around 110th and Columbus, walked south until about 70th street, then walked through the park all the way to the East Side, on 61st and 1st. I was hoping to do a straight shot through Central Park, but it's a maze in there! It was a beautiful day for looking at brownstones and interesting people and cute kids in the park.

Finally, I reached my destination: Bed, Bath, and Beyond. By this time, I was tired and a little light-headed from not eating enough (you are correct, my lovely Jewish mother, Aebra!), although I had stopped to get an apple along the way. So I found BB&B terribly overwhelming, which is probably good because it meant I went in, bought a scale, a cheap bath towel, and a Luna bar and got the hell out of there.

Then I came home, ate too much because I was hungry, and then cooked up some things for the week. Now I need to go online and continue my search for a full-time job. Argh.

BREAKFAST

2 whole-grain waffles
1 piece of low-fat cheese

LUNCH (sort of)

1 Apple
1 Luna Bar

SNACK

100-calorie pack of pretzels
1 slice of whole-grain bread

DINNER
Salad with red pepper/feta cheese
Diced tomatoes & white bean thing (yes, Freya, I do like those white cannelini beans!)

And lastly, a good reason for me to lose weight? So I can prettify myself up and go in search of Michael Cera, who WILL be my boyfriend. In the meantime, I'll just see his new flick, which Grant so kindly instant-message-yelled at me about. ("OMG I WANT TO SEE NICK AND NORAH'S INFINITE PLAYLIST SO BAD")

I'd seen ads up around the city, but the trailer is better than I expected.

No comments: