Tracker

Sunday, September 21, 2008

A plan for the day

I had a good night's sleep, and now it's off to Larchmont to return my dad's car and use their exercise equipment. I'm going to write out my work-out plan for the day, in order to actually complete it.

PLAN:
30 minutes on the treadmill
30 minutes on the bicycle
Lift some weights.

Indeed, an hour of working out isn't going to break any records - but I know myself and I know that I detest exercise, so this is probably the best I'll do right now.

So far today:

LUNCH-ISH MEAL (I slept until 11 am)

1 cup of oatmeal
Some leftover roasted cauliflower




EDIT:

SNACK:

Grapes
2 pieces of cheese
Pretzels (100 Calorie Pack)

DINNER:

Big salad
Green peas
Crackers

DESSERT:

Weight Watchers chocolate-y thing


EXERCISE:

Biked two miles
30 Minutes on stationary bike
15 Minutes on treadmill

I'm glad I exercised like I said I would - it probably came to an hour in total, including my bike ride down to the water. Tomorrow I plan on walking around Manhattan quite a bit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Maggie! I think that an hour of exercise is really impressive. I was training for a fitness competition and only did 20-30 min. of cardio a day (but lots of weights).

I'm gonna be a Jewish mother right now... make sure you're getting enough food! Sometimes you can make it harder on yourself to lose weight if you don't get enough calories. Anything less than 1200 could slow down your metabolism and put your body in "starvation mode". So, eat, eat ,eat! As long as it's healhy food (think whatever you could find in nature in it's original form), you'll still lose weight. 1200-1400 calories a day would be good for your body size and exercise level.

I'm at seven days of eating healthy right now and only one slip-up (a burger, mmmm).

Freya said...

I agree with whoever is being a Jewish mother in this post... I was going to say this before I even saw that comment, but it really doesn't sound like you're eating enough! Even if it's a lot of food like a big salad and lots of peas, that's not really a balanced/satisfying meal (or at least I can't imagine that satisfying me without some sort of protein in there). You also don't seem to be eating actual lunches... you were talking about eating 3 solid meals a day, but you tend to have sort of wimpy lunches. eat eat! diet coke doesn't count as something you have "consumed"!