Tracker

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Walk Like A Man

Today was a pretty good day for me, despite giving in to my two absolute favorite things:

- Free Food
- Bread

At work they were having a professional development day for teachers, and my boss ordered food from Panera. Afterwards there were all these yummy baguettes left over and a couple of us went up to the break room to be scavengers. You can probably tell where this story is going. Two-ish delicious thick soft pieces of bread later, I sort of stopped myself.

But! I think I made up for it because later in the day, I walked from the U.N. (I went to a Darfur rally) up to 125th Street, and then took the bus to Astoria. That's four miles! I tried to figure out how many calories that is, but the internet made it seem pretty confusing. Anybody know?



On my way home, I started to feel like I was getting sick (chapped lips, stuffy nose) plus I was getting noshy, so I stopped at a place called Healthalicious and got some matzah ball soup to go. I just finished eating it now and it was only okay. Not like my mom or grandma makes, and it wasn't particularly cheap either. But soup is soup, it usually does the trick.

BREAKFAST

1 cup of oatmeal
1 slice of cheese (Full disclosure: Alice, I ate a piece of your cheese)

LUNCH

Bread
Green Apple

(I know that's a really pathetic lunch, I didn't plan my day very well)

DINNER

Matzah Ball Soup
Salad
Diet Coke


Tomorrow is the last day of work for two of my co-workers, both of whom I like very much. So I am sad about that, but happy because we are going for pizza tomorrow for a farewell lunch and I have been craving pizza for so long! So, I will report back on my exciting Friday! Au revoir, everyone.

No comments: