Tracker

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Quick post

I've had a very busy two days! Wild!

Yesterday I had work in Queens, then Brooklyn, then home to eat dinner, then the train to Larchmont to get my dad's car, then back to Queens. Got up at 7:30 and Alice and I drove to Philadelphia to register voters and hopefully convince a couple people to vote for Obama. I'd say we were fairly successful, although not as much as I had hoped.

Then we went into Philadelphia for a little, which is surprisingly great! Historic, beautiful, poor in some areas and upscale in others, old Boston-y architecture, and a pretty hopping tourist-y area full of families and goth teenagers.

Considering it was a day trip/road trip thing, my day was NOT healthy.

BREAKFAST:

Cheddar cheese squares, grapes, carrots (box bought at rest stop)

LUNCH:

Granola bar
Diet Coke

DINNER:

Philly Cheese-Steak!


Granted, we did walk a lot as part of our day, but still, tomorrow when I return my dad's car I'm going to run on the treadmill for a bit. In honor of the day we had, I shall post a photograph of Barack Obama, who is super hot.



Seriously, I don't know what I'll do if he loses the election. I talked to a couple kids (well, 18-36 year olds, not really "kids") who felt like there was no point in voting. "Who cares? They'll just do what they want anyway." The truth is, I feel like they're right. In 2000, it didn't seem to matter what the popular vote said. The Electoral College is incredibly confusing (can SOMEONE explain what its purpose is to me?) So the only thing I could tell them was, "I do think THIS election IS important and that you should vote." But...I dunno.

No comments: