Tracker

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Scales...of JUSTICE

I bought a digital scale at Bed, Bath, and Beyond for $25, but I probably should have just bought the regular scale for $10, because Alice is convinced that mine is kind of funky. (It told her she lost five pounds, then gained ten, all in one day or something). She could very well be right. I weighed myself this morning because I was bored, and it said I weighed 146 lb, but I don't know if I trust it. (Plus, I weighed myself at a different time of day than my previous "weigh-in" so that's always a bad idea). So I'm going to go ahead and say I'm 149, just to be safe. And I'll weigh myself at my parent's when I go home for the holidays.

I'm about to go to a pizza party for work. I was going to restrict myself to one slice (i.e. "Girls on diets don't eat more than one slice of pizza") but I think I would just end up eating four million cookies to compensate. So I think I'm just going to tell myself: Eat slowly. Enjoy your food. Drink a lot in between bites. Don't get stressed out that all the food will be gone. 1 slice is fine, if you have two, so be it.

UPDATE: FAILURE!!!

Oh man, I was AWFUL at this (wonderfully fun) party. I binged like none other, in a truly compulsive way. "There are still a few slices of pizza left," said my friend, "so don't be afraid to have seconds or thirds or fourths." So pushing any intelligence away from my brain, I went to have my third slice. And now I feel sick. It doesn't feel good to binge eat - why can't I remember that?



I saw this on a blog: "Eat With Dignity." I need to keep that phrase in mind. I also have to remember that I didn't gain all this weight in one day - I'm not going to lose it in one day. So I shouldn't get discouraged with slip-ups, but should keep going strong.


BREAKFAST (late, more like brunch)

1 cup oatmeal
1 plum
1 piece of cheese

LUNCH:

Broccoli & sesame seeds
Diet Coke

DINNER:

THREE slices of pizza
1 glass of wine
2 beers
1 root beer float

EXERCISE:

1 beginner hip hop class @ Alvin Ailey.

2 comments:

Alice said...

yesterday i weighed 158 lbs according to the scale and today i weight 143 lbs. i will go with today's record as the accurate one despite having eaten 4 brownies (to piss off my grandmother). do you like how i get lonely when you are not home and talk to you via blog?

maggie in america said...

yes, yes i do.

p.s. i will be thinking of you when i am eating my rosh hashanah meal with my grandmother, trying to fight the urge to eat extra challah to piss her off.

<3