Tracker

Thursday, September 18, 2008

hotter than a pepper sprout

So it seems as though beans have won the great debate of 2008 (it rhymes!) Thanks, Aebra and Freya...I am glad to incorporate them back into my diet in healthy amounts.

Today was pretty good in terms of the food choices I made, although I did go a bit overboard at the end of the day.

BREAKFAST:

1/2 cup oatmeal

LUNCH:

String beans
2 Kraft part-skim string cheeses
Diet Coke

DINNER
Handful of carrots
2 chicken fajitas
Baked tortilla chips

DESSERT(?)
2 Werthers candies
1 chocolate Calcium chew


In terms of exercise, I walked home from work, which is about a mile, and I walked from Queensboro Plaza to Freya's house across the bridge, which in total is 2 miles. So I walked 3 miles today, albeit in a leisurely fashion.

I also think I might try a tactic my sister's friend Eliza used to lose weight. (Successfully, I might add, she looks great). She made 4 guidelines for herself.

1. Don't take second helpings at meals
2. Some form of exercise every day
3. No snacking
4. You may break one rule a day

I love the fourth rule because it gives you flexibility and choices! Today I pretty much followed it, because I didn't snack between meals, I did some form of exercise (my walk), and since I had done those two things, I allowed myself to have two fajitas instead of just one. (These fajitas were pretty healthy, by the way, just chicken and vegetables in a whole-wheat flour tortilla).

I know the recommendations I've gotten are that I SHOULD snack healthfully during the day. Maybe that's the way to go. But I just find that once I start eating, it's really difficult for me to put the kabosh on it. I think that's why I lost weight sophomore year of college - the three, healthy, square meals a day (and rarely eating at night - Aebra, remember our perpetually empty mini-fridge?) worked pretty well for me. But we shall see.

On a positive note, when I came back from dinner, I tried on Alice's clothing and had a mini-fashion show in which she greatly complimented my hourglass figure. It was wonderful for the old self-esteem. Thanks, Alice.

And lastly, for my birthday (which I know is far away), I think I might ask my parents for membership to a local gym. I am eating better, but I think exercise will work wonders.



Thanks again for the support, everybody! Here's an interview with Jennette Fulda, the woman who inspired me to start this blog.

No comments: