Tracker

Monday, September 15, 2008

Ah, starting out

I've done some things so far that have made me feel good - like last night, I got home late and obviously wanted a snack. I was even pretty hungry! But I said to myself, "Maggie, you had dinner. Now the kitchen is closed. You get to eat again tomorrow." And it worked, and I was pleased with myself.

Today for breakfast I had:

- 1.5 cup of oatmeal
- 1 green apple

I did some minor exercise, sort of, by going to drop off my laundry, coming back, going to switch it to the dryer, coming back, going to Staples to drop off this printing stuff I need, coming back, going to pick up the Staples stuff and finding out it's not ready, coming back, etc etc. Nothing too strenuous, but a lot of walking.

I also went food shopping and I actually looked at a cookbook before going, so I would get stuff that went together, as opposed to my usual haphazard shop. Tonight I shall COOK FOR THE WEEK. THRILLING! If I end up cooking good things, I'll post the recipes.

I wanted to post another photo of America Ferrara, who I think is beautiful, but I will alternate. Today is Marilyn Monroe day.



And lastly, Alice is back! She is taking a nap. I'm glad she's here so I am no longer alone, talking to myself like a crazy old lady. In celebration, I'll post this wonderful video about cake. Some of you might have seen it already. My favorite part is when he talks about what you think about during the song "Happy Birthday." Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good for you, Maggie! I think a blog is a good idea for losing weight...i'll be reading it religiously! I'm trying to get in shape right now, too. I'll keep you updated on how that goes. You still at the same address in Astoria? checking bc i have a lil cd to send out to you! p.s. i like the pictures of HEALTHY women for motivation!