Tracker

Monday, November 17, 2008

Weekend Update

So I haven't been eating oh-so-well this weekend, but that's mostly due to alcohol. I've been trying to get better at protein consumption, and I've bought some eggs in order to make sure my breakfast is proteinous. (I thought that was a word?)

For instance, Saturday night I had the most sugary, carb-y drinks imaginable. Two margaritas and a Blue Moon beer. By the time I got to Hannah's, I was REALLY feeling those drinks, so when I went to the bathroom, I promptly took off all my clothes and weighed myself on her scale. It said 145 pounds! This makes me happy because it confirms that my scale isn't TOO crazy. It also means that at least as of Saturday, I have lost 7 pounds since I started this "magical weight loss journey" and slow-but-steady wins the race.

Also, with the exception of today, ever since I've joined the New York Sports Club, I've worked out EVERY DAY. Hooray! I don't run on the treadmill, I just speed-walk really fast, but I figure it's better for me to break a sweat doing something low-impact for 30 minutes than run for 3 minutes and give up. But am I wrong? Should I pushing myself a little harder? Keep in mind that I hate exercising.

Today's video is a hearkening back to the woman who inspired me to start this blog, Jennette Fulda. I know I posted a video of her before, but I don't think I posted this interview. I just think she's smart, pretty, and sassy and I love her blog.



BREAKFAST

Chicken noodle soup (I know, I'm weird but: PROTEIN!)

LUNCH

Zone protein bar
Low-fat/skim mozzarella stick

DINNER

Mushroom pizza slice
1 glass of Coney Island-inspired Beer
Diet Coke

DESSERT

Brownie (grrrr Alice you make delicious things)


Kind of a cheesy day, but onward and upward. Tomorrow = GYM!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Just found your blog and really enjoy it. I started my own, even if just to inspire myself...and I like your idea of listing what you eat daily. It's nice to do so, without having to carry around a little diet diary. Helps to go back and see how you've eaten as well if you've had a good or bad week. Most of all, I just enjoy your style of writing. You're definitely on my favorites and although I've linked to many weight loss blogs, I only have 3 blogs I faithfully read, yours now one of those 3. Keep it up! By the way, the blonde in your pic, is that you?

Kel
Monster on my back blog

Katie said...

good job on working out! i agree that it's good to do some sweat inducing fast walking, but you can also start walk/jogging, to try and incorporate a little jogging in. try walking for 5 minutes, and then jogging for 2 (at a speed of 5.0 or so), and then walking, etc. soon you'll start jogging for a few more minutes, and you can increase from there