Tracker

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Day One of Actual Exercise

Today was the first day of hopefully many days at NYSC. It was nice and uncrowded, but I felt sort of awkward with all the weight equipment. I am small-statured so sometimes I think the machines should be adjusted for me, but I don't really want to mess with it. But I worked out for about an hour and it felt pretty good.

BREAKFAST

Oatmeal

LUNCH

Brussels Sprouts
Overpriced protein bar

DINNER

Quinoa/Kamut pasta with Quorn meatballs

EXERCISE:

Leisurely walk to work and back (2 miles)
30 minutes treadmill
30 minutes bicycle
Weights

I'm sure I'll have a snack later on as well. I was on my way to Key Food, my usual chain grocery store, but I wanted quinoa, so I ducked into the local organic store, Kai Organics. I'd never been in there, but I was swayed by the sign on their door: "THE BATHROOM INSIDE IS AVAILABLE FOR ALL HUMAN BEINGS. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY." And then some Buddhist quote. I really respect that. Everyone should be able to have urinary freedom.

Anyway, in addition to regular quinoa, they had these quinoa/kamut pasta twists, so I bought that as well. Ah, quinoa. Protein-filled miracle grain.




p.s. I just realized that I don't think my NYSC has ellipticals. TRAVESTY!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just at quinoa too! THAT'S FREAKY! (or as the girl I babysit for who has a lisp says, THAT'S FWEAKY!)

good job with the exercize! i am proud of you.

Katie said...

i love quinoa! plus, it's kosher for passover!!

i'm SURE your gym has ellipticals...