Tracker

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Noshy

Another day of eating a lot of cheese (albeit "skim" and "low-fat"). Why is cheese so good? Alice just told me that her idea of eating a lot of cheese is eating a block of cheese surrounded by more cheese. So maybe I'm not doing too badly.

Today I had some thoughts about body dysmorphia (another word I'm apparently spelling wrong). I used to not comprehend how anorexics could look in the mirror and think of themselves as fat. Now I sort of understand it. When I look in the mirror, I can't look at myself objectively. It's a complete mystery to me what other people think when they look at my body. I almost want to give random people a survey: "How Would You Describe This Woman?" Fat? Chubby? Plump? Average? Obese? Round? Curvy? Normal?

I shouldn't worry about what other people think. But it's difficult. The hardest part of starting this blog was admitting that I had to lose weight. I was under the misguided notion that if I didn't tell anyone I was overweight that NOBODY WOULD KNOW. Hence, the "secret" dieting that always seemed to fall apart a week later. I'm hoping this is more sustainable.

And thanks Katie for the exercise suggestion! I am going to try adding some running to my repertoire, as long as it's in (very) short spurts.


BREAKFAST:

Zone Protein Bar (Caramel, not that good)
2 Egg Whites

LUNCH:

Salad
Low-fat/skim Polly-O cheese
Portabella Mushroom Burger (yummmmm)

SNACK:

Polly-O cheese

DINNER:

1 Chicken Leg
Brussels Sprouts
1 cup Oatmeal

EXERCISE:

25 minutes treadmill
30 minutes bicycle
Weights

1 comment:

Kelly said...

How much do you want to lose? If we're around the same, would you be interested in starting some kind of mutual support for each other, corresponding daily to movtivate each other and kind of be accountable to each other? Not some kind of dictatorship thing, hahahahahaha....just helping each other reach our goals. You can email me thru my blog (I think!) if you're interested and then I'll add you to my spreadsheet with weekly mini goals, the major goal, etc. We could work out the details if you're interested. Support always helps people make their goals easier. Up to you but I'd want to follow through to our goals and not quit on you...that's how serious I am about this.

Keep going!

Kel
Monster on my back blog