Tracker

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Oh dear

Today was bonkers because of work-related plans gone awry. I felt all achy due to my period, underdressing for the weather, the wind, and not eating for too long.

However, I avoided all the delicious food in Jackson Heights, ignored the bajillion Thai restaurants in Astoria, and instead purchased some healthy food at my favorite unfriendly grocery on 30th Ave. But yet -

Last night when I weighed myself I was 143 pounds. Tonight I'm 145.5. How does that happen? I know I didn't go to the gym today, but I ate so much less than I usually do and it was all healthy. Perhaps it's that I ate it all towards the end of the day, but still. I'm sad about this and hopefully tomorrow will be better. I know I shouldn't be so reliant on the scale but - argh.

UPDATE: I weighed myself again and it said 144.5. So maybe it's just feeling temperamental today.

BREAKFAST

1 cup of oatmeal


LUNCH

1 Zone Bar
1 Apple


DINNER

A couple o' servings of tuna fish
1 Portabella mushroom Gardenburger
Salad

EXERCISE

Walk to work and back (2 miles)

On a more whimsical note, here are some images that pop up when you Google the word "Zaftig"





1 comment:

Rischa said...

Dearest Maggie I'm so glad you blogging regularly again... mainly because I view the first half hour of work as "me time" and its very difficult to have Me time if I have nothing un-work related to do. That said Why don't you try weighing your self in the morning... lots of foods that aren't high in calories/fat have a lot of water weight so that could have your scale looking wackadoo after a day of healthy eating thinking about it...an apple weighs more and a bag of chips... so if you weighed your self right after eating the apple you'd weigh more then right after you ate a bag of chips... BUT the bag of chips has more calories and will attribute to real weight gain over all while the apple won't.