Tracker

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Good News/Bad News

Good news:

- I bought a dress in a size 8 (although it's pretty tight and also a fancy brand that probably makes the buyer feel skinnier)
- I have figured out how to make tuna fish the way my dad does, so I now have a no-frills easy source of protein. As long as I don't eat it too often (mercury?) I figure it's a great food to add to my repertoire. Anyone have anything else to add about tuna, either negative or positive? It seems pretty healthy - I buy the kind that is canned in water and I add only a few dollops of light mayonnaise.
- I resisted buying a giant bag of chips today when I was at the supermarket and really hungry and it was terribly tempting. But I'm trying to practice mindfulness a la Dan Mishkin, Alice's dad, who eats (or used to eat) the same way I do.

Bad news:

- I am sure I gained weight at my parents' house this weekend because they have lots and lots of yummy food.


Back to the gym! I went today and did the usual.

My basic problem area is my thighs. Everything else I feel pretty confident about and am sure will slim down with time. But my thighs are all...jiggly. Meh.

Happy Obama day! In honor of our awesome president, here's L Magazine's Guide to getting as fit as Barack Obama.

1 comment:

Freya said...

yayyyy tuna! very true... watch out for the mercury, but i think twice a week is probably fine. maybe even more -- that was an arbitrary suggestion. if you need a little crunch for something to actually feel like a meal (i do), then you can also cut up celery and mix that into your tuna. and my dad adds horseradish. just more flavor!

p.s. i'm back! i was thinking about food and realized how long it had been since i read your blog. you're doing great! but i do have to reiterate a thought katie and i had before... make lunch a real meal! brussel sprouts???? come on. that does not a lunch make. i guess i don't know from this when you're eating meals, i.e, how far apart they are, but i can't imagine how a just-veggie lunch takes you all the way until dinner. there's something to be said for eating just enough to fill you up... but are you full? i'm curious!