Tracker

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Sunflower Seed Butter

So I've been bad about blogging because (surprise!) I've been bad about eating. I've just been in this unholy binge-eating mentality for a couple days now and it's been difficult to shake.

But I need to own up! Today wasn't terrible, but I did eat popcorn when I really wasn't hungry for it. When I have the noshing urge, I just want all carbs, all the time.

I went to the gym today, which was good. Tomorrow I have a complimentary training session, which I got when I signed up for membership.

Okay, so Mission (Im)possible: Coming up this month I have loads of social events that will inevitably involve eating. Pizza party, cocktail party, pot-luck party, my work holiday party... There are a couple strategies I've tried in the past and none of them have worked too well. I usually eat way more than I need to and the calories just pile on when you add beer and wine.

The only thing that has succeeded in even a minor way was trying to eat light all day before the event, so that my total intake for the day isn't ridiculous. I hate that when I'm at a party, I'm inwardly freaking out that the food will be gone if I don't go back for seconds and thirds. It's a sick mentality and it takes away from my enjoyment. But it's hard to break free. Any advice?

BREAKFAST

1 cup oatmeal
1 WW skim cheese stick

LUNCH

Panera salad with chicken
Piece of bread
100-calorie bag o'popcorn

DINNER

Carrots and hummus
Celery and sunflower seed butter (actually very good! Leftover from Talia)
(I know that's a terrible dinner, but I feel lazy)

SNACK

WW Cheese
Apple

EXERCISE

Walked to work and back (2 miles)
20 minutes treadmill
10 minutes elliptical
10 minutes bicycle
5 minutes weights

Happy Holidays! I enjoy the photo below because there is such a range of emotions going on. Wow. Santa.

1 comment:

Katie said...

My pre-party advice is to have a solid snack/mini meal before you go. If you have some cereal, or oatmeal, or bread and peanut butter, then you won't get to the party and be starving and feel like you need to eat everything. It's still okay to take what you want to eat, so you don't feel deprived, but if you don't walk in really hungry than you'll probably eat more of a normal amount