Tracker

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Straight Up Food Post

Today was probably a typical day for me when I am NOT mindful about eating. Granted, I woke up late and then babysat, but it's still fairly accurate.

BREAKFAST
(too lazy to actually make anything)

1 glass of grapefruit juice
1 string cheese
2 spoonfuls of peanut butter

SNACK
1 Milky Way

LUNCH
1.5 pieces of matzah
1 glass of orange juice
3 spoonfuls of egg salad
1 Baby Bell cheese

DINNER
1 Chicken Burrito
7-8 greasy chips
1 Corona Beer

It's like, none of it is egregiously awful, but I just lived today in a very slapdash way. Plus the only exercise I did was playing jump rope and Skip-It with my charge.

I don't say this to be like, "Why aren't I losing weight??" because days like this clearly say why. But I just think that if I only post days where I do well, it will be a dishonest blog for myself (and my loyal readers: I love all five of you very much!)

So I just ask for your support in my ongoing journey, which has lots of peaks and valleys. There are times that I feel awesome about myself and my body, and other times not so much. But I think that's true of everyone and I just fall somewhere along that spectrum,

In that vein, here's a link to a blog about Michelle Obama's biceps:

http://firstguns.tumblr.com/

2 comments:

Katie said...

First of all, welcome back! I've missed you (and am proud to be one of the 5). Second of all- Skip It?? I LOVE that, and definitely think it counts as exercise. Third of all, Michelle Obama's arms are amazing and an inspiration to us all! Fourth of all, I agree that it's good to post every day, and not just when you've eaten well. A big thing for me is having a satisfying breakfast. If I do that, it's easier for me to eat well (like during passover when I couldn't eat oatmeal, I would have a yogurt and then be snacking all morning. it's much better to use more calories on breakfast so you're satisfied).

Freya said...

haha Katie and her oatmeal. I understand the theory behind a hearty bfast (and I do ALWAYS eat bfast), but personally, the big bfast thing works great on weekends, but not as well during the week, when I am stuck at a desk and like to take snack breaks to pass the time. When I'm at work I try to eat something small every few hours so I don't get bored. I've adopted a policy where I say, you can eat again at 3. And then at 3 I get to make a call about whether or not I actually need that snack. I often wait til 4, for example, and then I don't need my 5:00 snack! This is only because I am incredibly bored at work and may not apply to other lifestyles. I guess I just find that regardless of how big my meals are, I always want to munch.